Saturday, August 09, 2008

Don't Blink

John turned eight years old back on the 8th. That night I wanted to add photos of him growing up to this blog. I thought I could do it in just an hour or two....not so. I had too much fun looking back at all the old photos of him. It took me a few nights.

He has grown up so fast.





Photos from John's birth announcement, this is the first
page in his scrapbook. I think he his 6 weeks in these.




Here he is at 6 months. He weighed 24lbs!!
I can still remember squeezing him into this outfit.



John and Calvin, now 8 years later John is the thin one and Calvin is the fat one.



About 15 months.



eating!! He still loves to eat.



At the park.




One of my favorite photos with me in it ( there isn't many). This was his first day of preschool, the 2 year old class.





John on a train.





Taking advantage of the fall leaves in our yard.




Our Christmas card photo in '02.




At the beach April'03







train freak





First day of 3 year old preschool. A few weeks later the
teacher suggested to me that he needed help with speech.





Pumpkin Patch Fall '03



Ok, weird photo.

This is just a few days before Anna was born, maybe even the day before. It was one of those moments I wanted to remember because it was never going to be the same again.

I spent most of that summer( because of the west nile virus threat outside) on the couch, Steve and Dora were my best friends.



Then she came.



She's just not diggin' the trains, John.




The only time he had really short hair.



his first love! she is not so sure.




first swimming lessons summer '04



Almost 4 here. I never did take official 4 year photos..kicking myself now
because he sure was cute!



First day of Pre-K



brother and sister




Must of been hat day.



Counting on the calendar with Miss. Amanda.





summer '05 last year he is into trains




At the 5 year check up. the Doc actually brought up puberty (that in kids higher on the charts it starts early)..all I could do was think.... "he has only been potty trained for 18 months."




At the beach.... the week before Kindergarten. After this time went by faster.





5 year photo



fall '05, I could say my kids were 5 and 2 ( not 5 and 21 months etc.)



Christmas Day '05


He can read!!



K-5 graduation



Summer '06, I see an older boy ( what is to come) in this photo.



superman after the 6th birthday party






December 2006



tiger cub after his Pinewood Derby win.



with buddies on the last day of 1st grade.



the beach '07


Christmas at 7 years




the end of 2nd grade



he looks older here..... beach '08



exactly 8 years old! how did that happen??

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Wow! He has REALLY grown up in the last year! Such a handsome little boy!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

This is such a great entry Amy - love "watching" him grow! 8 seems so mature - I am dying that Amelia is almost there too YIKES!!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Kim+Andy said...

Oh how sweet, I can't imagine Emma turning 8! Love the plane in the mouth BTW!

3:13 PM  
Blogger The Messing's said...

What a fun read! You put that together really well!...He sure was and still is a handsome boy!

5:17 PM  
Blogger The Lewchuk Family said...

I love the life and times of John - I Loved the pics!
What a handsome boy
Carolan

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home